CPR HCP Course Price: $70
CPR HCP Course Length: 4 - 6.5 hours
CPR HCP class Dates: click here
CPR HCP with AED is intended for health care professionals, such as
Your CPR HCP with AED certificate is issued to you at the end of your course by your Canadian Red Cross First Aid & CPR Instructor; and is valid for 3 years.
CPR Student Manual
- 32 page reference book for CPR HCP with AED students
- Included with CPR HCP & AED registration
- Provided on the day of the CPR HCP course
- Clean, comfortable, modest, layered clothing…in case you find the room too hot or cold
- Hairbands/elastics to keep longer hair out of the way
- Notepad/scrap paper…if you are a note taker
- Glasses…if you need them to read
- Reusable mug and water bottle
- Physical activity; alternating between seated learning and hands-on practice
- Sitting…kneeling…standing; and everything in-between
- A relaxed, interactive learning atmosphere
- Short breaks approximately every 2 hours throughout the day.
- Half-hour lunch break starting approximately 12 or 12:30
- Access to local amenities may be limited...please pack enough snacks to last you the entire course.
- Complimentary coffee and tea will be available; please bring a reusable mug and water bottle.
- How to safely assess and approach an emergency; and look for life threatening injuries
- Conscious and Unconscious Choking for Adults, Children and Infants
- Asthma, Allergic Reaction, Hyperventilation
- CPR & AED for Adults, Children and Infants; Shock; Deadly Bleeding
Additional CPR HCP Health Care Professional Skills
- Carotid, Radial and Brachial Pulse Checks
- Using a Bag Valve Mask for ventilation - Adult, Child and Infant sizes
- Alternate Compression to Ventilation Ratios for two trained rescuers
- Modified Jaw Thrust for use with Spinal Injury
- Encircling Thumbs CPR compression technique for Infants
- Ventricular Fibrillation and Ventricular Tachycardia