EMERGENCY FIRST AID - EFA
Emergency First Aid (EFA) with CPR & AED training is a basic one-day course.
Emergency First Aid (EFA) with CPR & AED training includes First Aid; Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) and Automated External Defibrillator (AED) skills.
Emergency First Aid (EFA) with CPR & AED training is for those who need training for client care, educational program requirements...or anyone who wants more knowledge to respond to emergencies.
Compare Kelowna Red Cross First Aid and CPR classes side by side with our Course Comparison Chart
First Aid and CPR Student Manual
- 202 page reference book for Emergency First Aid (EFA) with CPR & AED students
- Provided at the start of your Emergency First Aid (EFA) with CPR & AED class
- Included with Emergency First Aid (EFA) with CPR & AED course registration price
- Clean, comfortable, modest, layered clothing…in case you find the room too hot or cold
- Hairbands/elastics to keep longer hair out of the way
- Notepad/scrap paper…if you are a note taker
- Glasses…if you need them to read
- Reusable mug and water bottle
- Physical activity; alternating between seated learning and hands-on practice
- Sitting…kneeling…standing; and everything in-between
- A relaxed, interactive learning atmosphere
- Short breaks approximately every 2 hours throughout the day.
- Half-hour lunch break starting approximately 12 or 12:30
- Access to local amenities may be limited...please pack enough snacks to last you the entire course.
- Complimentary coffee and tea will be available; please bring a reusable mug and water bottle.
- How to safely assess and approach an emergency; and look for life threatening injuries
- Conscious and Unconscious Choking for Adults, Children and Infants
- Asthma, Allergic Reaction, Hyperventilation
- CPR & AED for Adults, Children and Infants; Shock; Deadly Bleeding
- How to look for less obvious injuries
- Cuts, Scrapes, Penetrating Objects, Chest Injuries, Amputations